Project Goal: Completing the transition from working full time in Maryland to retirement
Major tasks/activities (strikethrough for tasks moved to Seattle project):
- Make financial arrangements
- Complete retirement formalities
Set up new medical services Move to Seattle area Dispose of Maryland house
- Financial arrangements have been assessed and planned; retirement appears financially feasible.
- Received retirement package from Employee Resource Center (ERC), Human Capital Office (HCO) Benefits and Services Team (BeST)
- Preliminary target date 2016-09-30
- Notified Katherine of tentative date, and announced to EPO team.
- Set retirement date of 2016-10-28 (last Friday of third pay period in October).
- Notified Katherine and EPO and submitted forms; Kathy Rodriguez is designated rep.
- Ordered copy of marriage certificate.
- Changed health plan from BCBS to GEHA, with Medicare B as primary.
2016-11-5 to 2016-11-13:
- Disney World!
- Split tasks associated with moving to Seattle into a separate project.
- Tentatively decided to start receiving Social Security benefit in June 2017.
- Made financial projects based on recent research and decisions (documented in the Finance_Retirement.xlsx workbook)